I am so thrilled that my boys are old enough to play sports! I signed them up for soccer at the YMCA on a team with a few friends from the ward (actually the coach is from our ward as well). They started practice two weeks ago on Friday nights and they had their first game last Saturday morning. It was so exciting!
Go team! (I think we are called the sharks or something)
Clay did alright chasing the ball and kicking it but had no real destination in mind and he also kept getting distracted and pushing around his buddy Sam.
of sitting and b) all my action shots were blurry.
Ephraim on the other hand was a crack up! When Tom (the coach) put him out first he had this deep scowl on his face and planted himself (thumb in mouth) in the middle of the "field" (its actually just in a gym but this will make it more soccer-like).
You want me to play what?
The ball at one point was at his feet, yet he refused to budge. Finally, when Clay was sent in Ephraim's scowl faded and he was on the move...yet, in no particular direction (definitely not anywhere near the ball) and he refused to pull out the thumb.
At my feet.
Throughout the game he kept coming back to me and hanging on my legs; I finally told him that he could either go out on the field and play or sit on the bench with his teammates. Next thing I know he marches off and sits on the opposing team's bench!
The funny thing was, that neither he nor the kids on the other team seemed to think it was strange that he was sitting on the wrong bench. After he came back he spent the rest of the game lying spread-eagle on our bench. I had a blast watching them play and look forward to years of soccer and other sports!
2 comments:
Too funny! I have years of soccer ahead of me actually, I want my son to be nerd. So, I have years of Band practices ahead of me!!!!! JK I know Chris will talk me into at football.
I almost tear up to see my little nephews at the beginning of what will be a long and (from the intense tenacity displayed by the both of them)illustrious career playing the beautiful game...
Post a Comment