Before you get all excited for me, I must tell you that we didn't actually have tickets to see an event (that would have required planning, which apparently is a skill that I lack), we just went to "feel" the Olympic atomosphere and walk around Vancouver. I brought Clay and Gabby and Chandra brought her two oldest, Olivia (10) and Grace (7). If I could do it all over again I would a)get tickets to an event and b) leave all children behind. It was very crowded and there wasn't much to see except the burning cauldron (which was very cool). If we had so desired we could have waited in a four hour line to see the Olympic medals at the Mint, but we didn't so desire with 3 complaining kiddos... Not the best (and definitely not relaxing) mini-vacation in the world!
On the road....JPG)
Riding the rail.
.JPG)
Chandra is proud to be a Canadian.
.JPG)
Weird "ice" sculpture downtown.
.JPG)
Future Olympian?
At the heart of the Olympic area..JPG)
In front of the Cauldron.
O Canada
3 comments:
so fun that you got to go.
What a beautiful day! I would love to have been there!
i LOVE that picture of clay with the canadian flag. makes me feel warm...
Post a Comment