Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Lilith!!!!!!!!

For Christmas I was going to get my bestie tickets to see Circ De Soliel, but when we heard that Sarah McLachlan was going to start performing again after a way-too-long sabatical, we hands-down chose Lilith!  I had never been to Lilith so had no idea what it would be like and was a bit nervous about leaving Gabby for 12 hours since she still is an avid nurser. 

Chandra and I headed to the The Gorge (the venue hosting Lilith) around 1pm and arrived around 245pm.  Let me tell you, the Gorge Ampitheatre is breathtaking; it an 25000-seat concert venue located above the Columbia River Gorge in George, Washington.  It was a beautiful sunny day with a perfect cooling breeze.

The Gorge

There were a couple of smaller stages set up for some of the earlier performers; we paticularly enjoyed A Fine Frenzy http://www.afinefrenzy.com/, who apparently is from Seattle. 

                                                                     A Fine Frenzy
After the smaller performances were over, we went down to find our seats at the main stage and were delighted to be bumped up to the middle column, row 14.  The show was spectacular; especially Colbie Calliat and Sugarland (this performance blew me away- I will be buying tickets to see them in the future) and of course Sarah-who performance was just too short for Chandra and I (only 45min).  We danced and sang and had a great time celebrating being a woman!

Colbie Calliat- so good live!

Erykah Badu- this chick was probably a little too "political" for me, but I enjoyed dancing to her beat and her bluesy voice was awesome!


Sugarland- I LOVED this performance, she was amazing!!! (I even think Chandra, who hates country music, got into it.)

Lovin' it!

Sarah!!!!!!!!  Amazing as usual!

No comments:

Sharing a little piece of us with you...