Saturday, October 23, 2010

Trip to Cali

This last summer I really wanted to go to Cali to visit my family for a mini family reunion/going away celebration for Zach but Jon really didn't have the time to take off so I decided to do the trip alone.  20 hours in the car with 4 kids 6 yrs old and under and it wasn't all that bad!  We had a great time in California with family and friends- AND SUN!!

The boys at the LA temple.

Kai and Grampy at Disneyland.

We meet Goofy.

Princess Gabby.

Four generations.

I got to spend some time with Nessa!

I finally found my best friend from 7th grade in Penang!!  So cool that she lives in my Grandma's home town!

My boys absolutely LOVE the ocean- I think they would be little surfers if we live somewhere with an ocean (the Sound doesn't count- no waves).

"Surfing"

Hunting for sea critters.

BBQ at the beach in memory of Grandpa.

Mom and her seester cooking up some hot dogs.

4 Generations of Fabulous Women!!

Visited Grandpa's grave.

Beach Boys.

I was able to fit in a quick visit with my dear friend Debbyee!

and my Ber!!

Family Reunion Pic (minus Dad- who had to run off and solve some Walmart crisis).

I HEART SUMMERS IN CALI!

3 comments:

Christina said...

I have seen some people kite surfing close by - not quite the same thing - but it might be fun when the kids are older. Have you guys tried skim boarding?

The Bredensteiners said...

What beach do you skim board at? We have one but haven't done it out here since the beaches are primarily rocky. Kite surfing is pretty awesome-but unlike surfing or body boarding you can't really start them when they are young.

Amber said...

I am so glad you came to visit!

Sharing a little piece of us with you...