Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Did I say I love nature?



Okay, I totally love nature and I'm all for preserving life but this is ridiculous!!! Jon and I feel like we are living in the freakin' jungle out here. We have so many dang bugs in our house. The other day on my 19ft ceiling in the entrance about a billion baby spiders hatched...I could do absolutely nothing but watch them dissipate as they found comfy little homes all over my house, UGHHH (and no I couldn't reach them with the vacuum, on a ladder, on the table...there was no hope)! Next, I have found two flying beetles in my home...what the heck?! And don't even get me started on the moths...I have never seen so many stinkin' moths in my life; I used to like them. My cat even brings some extras in in case I'm feeling like I don't have enough already, how nice. Recently I found a slug on my kitchen table of all places!! How the heck a slug got into my house crawled up my son's high chair and across my entire table is beyond me (I know its route because of the lovely slim trail it left in its wake); marvelous!



For awhile we were feeling one with nature; we even had a pet man-eating spider for a couple of months but I'M DONE...I HATE NATURE!!! There I said it... So now we have a pet salamander (West Long-toed Salamander) Jon caught in our yard, weird...but at least he eats bugs right!?



Slug Invader

2 comments:

Andrea said...

oh gross!!! I hate bugs, always have always will. We have ants in our dishwasher, and guess what? You can't drown ants...they swim! Learned that one when we lived in California. Hopefully soon they will all go hibernate or something.

Chris and Jerrae said...

welcome to my world! Our porch has this huge spider that is killing my plants...Well, I won't go out on the porch when the spider is present, so they're not getting water....Hang in there soon it will be too cold for them to survive.

Sharing a little piece of us with you...