
Here is a story of a girl...

and her best friend.
They had a dream...

they worked hard, pushed themselves...

and on October 4th 2008 they accomplished that dream.
My best friend, Chandra and I recently ran the Leavenworth half marathon. We had such a blast training together and the trip to Leavenworth was beautiful and so much fun. We got there Friday night and checked into our ghetto basement motel room and quickly found that we had a very large complimentary spider, so we (I) rescued the poor guy and released him into the wild, we then covered our pillows with our shirts (who knows if they wash their sheets), got some food, and played a couple rounds of charades (we forgot cards- what are you gonna do?) then hit the sack.
We awoke (we set three alarms and only one went off-good thing we set three!) Saturday morning, got breakfast and headed to the race. For the first 8 miles Chandra was a nice friend and stayed with me, but then she got her second (or maybe third) wind and left me in the dust. It was an absolutely beautiful run!! In the end, Chandra finished in 2:24 and I followed at 2:38- I was good until the last two miles in which every part of my body began to ache. But... it was such a great feeling of achievement-I loved it and look forward to running another one soon. Thanks Dra! (Ha! I found a nickname after all *grin*.)
No comments:
Post a Comment