When the kids arrived we took their picture for their "driver's license" (which they got before they left-thanks to Uncle Josh)
and then led them to the car sale bin to pick out a car (I was even able to find some pretty cars for the two girls attending). After "buying" their car they were sent to the paint shop to get a new paint job (we colored a car on their hands), then it was off to the licensing center to get and decorate their license plates.
Jon then showed them how to rotate their tires (he had made a mini car with tires that could be removed and screwed back on) then we went and played a game of throw the ball through the hanging tire. After that we had some car races with cool cars that Jon had made from boxes.
The kids had to put on the car and some goggles and race around the cones into the car wash, wash their car (with a sponge) and then race to the finish line where they would get a trophy.
After all that fun, the kids sang "Happy B-day" to Clayton, watched him blow out his candles, then ate the cake (that I spent hours and hours making).
After cake we had present opening and free time.
The kids had a blast and Jon and I were exhausted (we had stayed up until 330am the previous night getting ready!!). I think I will stick to b-day's at the pool next time.


5 comments:
You are such an awesome mom! That sounds like a great birthday party, and the cake looks amazing. Way to go! Happy birthday Clay!
Wow, Sarah, that is incredible! Great job all of you! And Happy Birthday, Clay!
Wow! What a creative and fun birthday party! I am not surprised that you were exhausted, but your son will have great memories!
I am glad you found me Sarah. Of course you can list my blog. Check out Tara's blog: http://hahnlife.blogspot.com/
You both make such cute mom's. Good to hear from you.
I want to know how you made that cake!
Post a Comment