After reading the previous post, I am sure you are not surprised that my boys decided to be ghosts for Halloween. I decided that the costume required for this character would be simple enough for me to sew so I did (with a little help from Chandra). The costumes were basically a simple hooded robe- they turned out great! Kai was a frog because I had the costume from a previous Halloween (not that he would know or care). He was so cute!! When I first put it on him we practiced hopping around and saying "ribbitt". He would say something that sounded like "iggitt" then fall right on his face- too funny.
Because Jon and I were invited to a party we decided to dress up as well. We didn't want to spend too much money so Jon was a sailor (no cost there since he still had his uniform from the Navy) and I was a "desperate housewife" (not the cute TV ones- more the married with children look).
After trick-or-treating at a few houses (which my older two boys are totally pro at this year and Kai trying to keep up with and copy them would yell "reat" (trick-or-treat) at every door and then as were were leaving would yell "ween" (Happy Halloween)-I wish I had a video camera with me!) we headed to our friends' party. Although we didn't know anyone there, it was fun to socialize and see every one's costumes. Clay was on a total sugar high, as he had eaten candy, etc. in school earlier that day. At the party everyone took a family costume picture so when I get it, I will update my post. We were all pooped around 930pm and headed home where baths were required (they all had make-up on) and bed was soon to follow. What a fun night!
1 comment:
good job on the costumes, sar! everyone looks really cute (including you)!
Post a Comment