Monday, January 25, 2010
My Grandpa
Dear Grandpa,
There is so many things I wished we had talked about before you died! I feel like all of our conversations were about me and my family. I know so little about you! But what memories I have I hold even closer to my heart today.
I remember...
I remember how much you loved to sing- always the best voice in our family Christmas Eve choir! My mom inherited your love for the Sea and passed that down to me- THANKS! I rmember the day that you talught me about marriage and true love; I will never forget what you said. I love how worked up you would get when you watched the Lakers- grumbling and yelling at the TV screen. You were such an even- tempered man; it surprised me and made me laugh every time. I loved how patriotic you were- always aware of the current issues. You always told me that little (and big) girl hugs were your favorite things. I wish at Christmas I had hugged you more often and held you a little tighter. I'll never forget the bag of jelly beans you always gave us when we made the drive back to Santa Maria. I'll never forget the summer that you took me to driver's ed, taught me how to drive, then took me to get my license. You were never nervous or irritated with me when we practiced driving and you were so proud of me when I passed my driver's test!
It makes me sad knowing that my children will never really get to know you- I hope that my stories will do you justice. Most importantly, I hope you died knowing how much how much I love you and am so glad that you were my grandpa. I hope that I can live my life in way that will make you proud.
Good-bye for today Grandpa; I'll see you tomorrow.
Love Always,
Your FAVORITE Granddaughter
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sharing a little piece of us with you...

2 comments:
Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. I really miss my Grandpa Sampson every single day. We talk about him and my grandma a lot so my girls think they remember being with them, it's great.
I am sure that Grandpa knows that we all loved him. He will not be anxious for his "work" to be done and for his family to get back together. Very nice comments Sarah.
Post a Comment