For St. Patrick's, I really wanted to teach the boys a little bit about their Irish heritage (we have a lot of Irish blood). We made clovers with sponge, made leprachaun ears, wore fun green hats, at green eggs and Irish pancakes, and colored a map of Ireland. We talked about where St. Patrick's day came from- which is really random, but that led us to talking about how its important to celebrate who we are and where we come from. I often think that the major reason I miss living overseas is because our American culture is so mixed and diluted that you can't feel the culture/tradition presence like you can in other parts of the world. I love learning about where my family came from and I hope that I can hand that desire down to my children. Happy (late) celebrate IRELAND day!
1 comment:
Sucha good Idea! I love it someday when I'ma good mom I'll try it.
Post a Comment