Thursday, July 30, 2009

Can't Take the HEAT!

No sweaty family pictures- sorry!

I can't believe how unbearable this heat wave has been for me! I grew up in Malaysia for goodness' sake! But, in Malaysia we had A/C and a pool, plus, I wasn't pregnant or responsible for cooking for my family... Either way, it has been way too HOT in WA in past week!

If you haven't heard we have been in the mid-late 90s to the 100s for since Sunday- can you say M-I-S-E-R-A-B-L-E!? We bought a portable A/C on Wednesday (my husband had to take off work to wait in line at Fry's because I am an idiot and waited until the last minute to buy one), but it doesn't work all that great. Great or not, it was the only place to be alive in my house all day yesterday so the kids and I watched movies all day, ate fast food, and passed out around midnight when it finally cooled down enough to be somewhat comfortable. Unfortunately, staying up that late meant cranky kids (and mom) and a baby (my two year old) who kept waking up all night. I promise I'm not just being a wimp- ask anyone in WA its been awful!

Today, our ward was nice enough to have an "activity" so we could all get cool at the church building. It was nice to cool down a bit, let the children run, and chat with the ladies in my ward. After the activity was over we went outside to somewhat cool weather- YIPEE!!

2 comments:

Cara said...

I've been watching the weather up there and I remember it all to well! At least in UT everyone has A/C. We actually had a real A/C in Mill Creek too. When I found I was going to be pregnant with Aftyn all through the summer, I demanded it! Hope it cools off soon!

Cj-Sg said...

When I heard on the news it had been that hot I was floored..In Washington??? Well we've been in the one-teens for over tree weeks now and the coolest temp we've seen even over night was 89 degrees...I agree miserable. When it's 118 the pool feels like bath water and its just not even comfortable...oh and we do have a A/C wanna guess what my electric bill was? I need your address to send you something for little Miss Bredensteiner. I swear it's Sarah approved and not the glittery, bedazzled, hot pink, feather boa outfit I wanted to get...

Sharing a little piece of us with you...